Sodium Sulfonate Corrosion Inhibitor / Emulsifier
SACI® 2500 contains a synthetic sodium sulfonate blended in a napthenic oil primarily used as a corrosion inhibitor. It also functions as a surfactant and emulsifier for water-based lubricants. The hydrophilic sodium sulfonate portion of the molecule functions as a typical anionic surfactant orienting itself with water, other polar materials or high energy surfaces while the hydrocarbon tail provides the bridge to the hydrophobic phase.
• Corrosion Preventative: High molecular weight sodium sulfonates strongly absorb to metal surfaces and provide an excellent moisture barrier. SACI® 2500 can be formulated with petroleum oils, waxes, petrolatums and various synthetic materials.
• Emulsifier in Water-based Solutions: SACI® 2500 performs well as a primary emulsifier, providing additional benefit to the formulation as a corrosion inhibitor.
- Neutral Sodium Sulfonate
- Primary emulsifier for water-based lubricants
- Provides light corrosion protection to machined parts
- Solvent-free, 100% Solids
- 50% Actives