TecPlex® P2040S-Hx1 is NSF Registered (No. 146947), Category Code HX-1, and is acceptable as an ingredient for use in lubricants with potential incidental food contact in and around food processing areas. Such compounds may be used on food processing equipment as a protective anti-rust film, as a release agent on gaskets or seals of tank closures, and as a lubricant for machine parts and equipment in locations in which there is a potential exposure of the lubricated part to food. The amount used should be the minimum required to accomplish the desired technical effect on the equipment. If used as an anti-rust film, the compound must be removed from the equipment surface by washing or wiping, as required to leave the surface effectively free of any substance which could be transferred to food being processed.
- Precursor for Food Grade Calcium Sulfonate Grease (NSF Hx1 certified)
- Sold in gelled-state... no reaction necessary to crystallize calcite
- Base stock is 100% PAO 40... providing improved low temp properties vs mineral oi
- Blends with low viscosity precursor (TecPlex P2006S-Hx1) for broad range of base oil viscosities.
- Supplement with 12-HSA or oil back for broad range of NLGI grades