SACI® 2200A is an excellent choice for coating formulations, rheological modifiers to stabilize viscosity and as a pigment dispersing agent. Typical applications include:
- Automotive: Anticorrosive caulks and sealants. Underbody and cavity linings. Hotmelt frame coatings
- Structural Steel: Maintenance coatings for bridges and highway. Penetrant sealers for bolted or plated assemblies. Surface tolerant direct-to-metal coatings.
- Marine: Ballast tank linings – float coat or spray filled. General purpose above deck metal protections.
- Oilfield: Sucker rod protections. General purpose outdoor storage coatings.
- Asphalt Coatings: Improves corrosion resistance and adhesion. Water based and oil base.
- Military: New and fielded vehicle rust protection specific formulations for A-A-59295.
SACI® 2200A is a thixotropic 100% solids calcium organic rust preventive base designed for use as is or in formulations where corrosion prevention, resistance to flow at elevated temperatures, low volatility, high flash and fire resistance are required.
Because it is not highly formulated, SACI® 2200A generally serves as a formulating building block for customizing specialty products. Such additives as waxes, asphalts, resin oils, and other ingredients can enhance performance.
- Gelled Calcium Sulfonate
- Corrosion preventive additive, for use in temporary rust preventive coatings
- Solvent-free, 100% solids