Finding Solutions for the Titans of Industry
You may not know Daubert Chemical, but our products touch your life on a daily basis. Since 1935, we’ve developed solutions that protect cars from rust, extend the durability of truck trailers, keep steel mills running, help furniture makers develop new designs, empower appliance manufacturers to make smaller and quieter machines… and the list goes on. As a specialty chemical manufacturer, we have called on the largest companies in almost every industry imaginable to develop unique coatings, adhesives, and lubricants, furthering the ability for these companies to deliver improvements to quality and durability.
Careers at Daubert Chemical
For the past 80 years, Daubert’s strategy has been to hire only exceptional individuals who can excel in a variety of areas. We are always on the lookout for individuals with experience in the Automotive, Transportation, Steel, or Defense industries. But more important than that is an innate desire to learn new areas, and to understand how things work. Our sales people understand the chemistry of what they sell, just as much as our chemists need to understand the industry our products go into. And everyone, from president to factory worker, plays a role in offering suggestions for improving the quality of the products we make. If you’re a person who’s comfortable wearing multiple hats, driven by intellectual curiosity, mechanically inclined, and a problem solver… then our customers have the challenges to keep you busy.
Open Positions at Daubert
All general employment inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. Periodically, we will post job openings that are specifically needed. Any open positions will be listed below and closed once the search is complete. If your background is of interest to us, we will contact you directly. Please do not call the company directly. Callers with employment inquiries will be directed to contact us at the “careers” email address.
Daubert Chemical Company is seeking a second shift plant Utility Worker at its chemical manufacturing plant located near Midway Airport in Forest View, IL. TEMP TO HIRE: Temporary employee through a staffing agency during training and 90-working day evaluation period. Must be able to work 1pm-9:30pm Monday-Friday. Upon successful completion of training, the position is offered as a 2nd Shift Formulator at Daubert with eligibility for full-time benefits package.
Daubert Chemical Company is seeking a second shift plant Utility Worker at its chemical manufacturing plant located near Midway Airport in Forest View, IL.
TEMP TO HIRE: Temporary employee through a staffing agency during training and 90-working day evaluation period. Must be able to work 1pm-9:30pm Monday-Friday. Upon successful completion of training, the position is offered as a 2nd Shift Formulator at Daubert with eligibility for full-time benefits package.
- Review drumming sheets for each order. Locate drums, kegs, totes or pails as required by customer. Transport to filling area via hand or lift truck. Set pumps and filters using proper safety and quality procedures. Draw sample for QA. Fill containers, monitoring pump pressure. Weigh container and calculate weight to gallons. Label and record filled containers on drumming sheets.
- Assist department Formulators in the batch making process; operate chemical processing equipment to formulate standard or custom products according to product specifications. Follow production schedule; follow batch sheet instructions and set up, weigh, measure, and mix ingredients in proper sequence, adding raw materials manually or with pumps and meters. Accurately record required information on batch sheet. Rotate stock, track inventory, submit samples to QA. Eventually need to be familiar with basic formulating procedures for any Production Department.
- Clean equipment as required. Participate in housekeeping in the facility according to 5S.
- Work mandatory scheduled weekday and weekend overtime as needed. Work adjusted hours as business necessitates.
- Dependable attendance and punctuality is required.
- Follows, without exception, all work instructions, SOP’s, and safety rules, including use of all proper PPE and other safety equipment.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Related chemical operator experience is preferred
- Must be able to read and write English
- Mechanical aptitude; familiarity with valves and pumps desired
- Problem-solving ability; makes efficient use of time
- Strong understanding of basic math
- Ability to be trained and safely operate a forklift
- Works well within a team and able to follow specific directions
- Punctuality and excellent attendance are expected
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical and work environment demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Speaking and hearing is required. The employee is required to stand; walk, climb; use both hands and all fingers; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, and frequently exposed to non-weather related cold and heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Relocation assistance is not available. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Show More Details